Monday, July 9, 2007

Letter to SP, Dimapur:



To,

The Superintendent of Police,
Dimapur Police,
Government of Nagaland,
Dimapur,
Nagaland – 797 112.


Subject: Lodging of FIR for lost of accidental Hyundai Santro Car bearing
AR-O1B 5726

With due regards, I beg to state that I suffered a fatal motor vehicle accident on December 16, 2006 at Piphema wherein my mother, brother and a cousin sister died on the spot and I miraculously survived. The chain of events as regards to the said accident is mentioned in the annexure attached to this application.
2. That the damaged vehicle, recovered with the helped of the Dimapur traffic police on December 25, 2006, was placed near the gate of Dimapur Traffic Police Station by the Police Dept. The local surveyor from Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. (OIC), Dimapur verified and inspected the accidental vehicle and submitted his report to OIC in this regard. After 3 months of the first inspection of the accidental vehicle, second surveyor from OIC, Guwahati again went to the Police Station, Dimapur on April 18, 2007 to inspect the accidental vehicle but to his surprise, the accidental vehicle, kept near the gate of Dimapur Traffic Police Station, was found missing. The surveyor reported the missing of the accidental vehicle to its Head Office.
3. To my surprise, on June 29, 2007 I got to know that the accidental vehicle was handed over to Mr. G. Thangchinkhup as per the Police record. But I never authorized him or anybody to take the accidental vehicle out of the Police custody on my behalf. You may please let me know on what ground the vehicle was handed over to him.
4. As I have been posted to NABARD, Delhi centre, I approached the OIC Delhi Office for claiming the insurance money of the accidental vehicle. But, to my surprise, the OIC Delhi Office informed me that the matter will be treated as closed in the absence of the non-production of the accidental vehicle by the owner. I have been advised by the Insurance official at Delhi that in order to get the insurance money I have to produce either the accidental vehicle or a copy of FIR lodged for the missing of the accidental vehicle from the Dimapur Traffic Police Station.
5. Since I have been posted to NABARD, Delhi centre, it will be very difficult for me to come personally to file the FIR at Dimapur. Therefore, I humbly request you to lodge FIR on my behalf for my missing accidental vehicle from your Police station. A copy of the FIR lodged on my behalf may please be sent to me on my following address as soon as possible:
Residence:

G-50, RBI Officers’ Colony,
Poorvi Marg, Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi – 110 057.

Phone: 011 - 26141984

Office:

NABARD,
24, Rajendra Place,
New Delhi – 110 008.

Contact No.:
099109 82456/098107 18361 [Mobile]

Email: mail4kamlian@yahoo.com
sclian@rbi.org.in

FAX: 011 – 2373 6290

6. Your quick action will be appreciated.

Thanking you.


Yours faithfully,

(T. Kamzalian)
Assistant Manager,
NABARD
July 5, 2007

Encl: As above.




Ref. Claim No. 322800/01/31/167/2006-07
Policy No. 322800/0//66/31/3073/2006 of Vehicle bearing registration No. AR - 01B - 5726


I would like to highlight and apprise you of the course of action taken so far with regard to my claim for my car insurance policy (as far as my knowledge is concern) in chronological order:

1. December 16, 2006: My vehicle of Hyundai Santro Car bearing registration No. AR - 01B – 5726 met with a fatal accident near Piphema on December 16, 2006. Three occupants - my dear mother (Ningzaman), brother (T. Langbiaklian) and cousin sister (Dimhauniang) died on the spot.
2. December 20 & 21, 2006: The corpses were traced out after a thorough search made with the help of the Forces and recovered on December 20, 2006 from a deep gorge of about 300 feet. The dead bodies were post-mortemed at Dimapur Civil Hospital on December 21, 2006.
3. December 24, 2006: The totally damaged vehicle was recovered with the help of Dimapur Traffic Police (DTP) by M/s Sharma Breakdown Service on December 24, 2006 and was placed with the DTP at Dimapur Traffic Police station.
4. April 18 & May 4, 2007: The second surveyor from Guwahati was sent on April 18, 2007 to Dimapur to inspect the vehicle and the vehicle was found missing. He contacted me over telephone and informed me about the lost vehicle.
5. April 28, 2007: On my first opportunity I visited Dimapur on April 28, 2007 from Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh. I along with my friend Mr. G. Thangchinkhup went and visited the DTP Station and found the vehicle missing as reported by the second surveyor. On enquiry we were told that the Police Officer handling the case has been transferred to Crime branch and we did not get any co-operation from the dealing staff. No information or record was told or shown to us. I wrote one application to issue me ‘Vehicle Lost Certificate’ but the Police did not receive it. I was further told that the owner took the vehicle. I have made clear to them that I am the owner and I neither take the car nor authorize anybody to take the car on my behalf. As per their advice I went to the Dimapur Police for the lost certificate. I was straight away told that they did not have any knowledge of the vehicle and its accident and that the lost certificate is to be issued by the Traffic Division (Police).
6. June 29, 2007: After contacting a friend in Dimapur to enquire the police station he informed us that according to the Police record the vehicle was already taken by the name of Mr.G. Thangchinkhup, Asst. Manager, NABARD, Dimapur. My friend Mr. G. Thangchinkhup was totally unaware of the car being taken in his name.

No comments: