Thursday, July 24, 2014
How to file income tax return for the AY 2014-15
How to file income tax return
1) Login to the income tax website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
2) Update your contact details like email and mobile number (which is mandatory).
3) You may or may not give the secondary email and mobile number.
4) After login click on the Quick e-file ITR on the left panel.
5) If you are to directly fill in the form click again the Quick e-file ITR again in the left panel.
6) Select the ITR file number (may be 1 or 2) then select the Assessment Year.
7) Select load from previously filed return.
8) Check your personal details in the second sheet.
9) Fill up your income details, deduction under 80C, Loss/income on house property etc. as per form 16.
10) Now jump to the last sheet 80G and feed data on your contribution towards PM relief Fund. The details are-
11) Name of donee: PMNRF
12) Address: Prime Ministers Office, Raisina Hill
13) City/Town: South Block
14) State code: 09-Delhi (to be selected from the drop down list)
15) Pin code: 110011
16) The PAN number: AACTP4637Q
17) Enter amount:
18) Go back to TDS deduction details. Tick/select the box already link with your return. (This may be taken an indication that cross checking with form 26AS is not necessary as it has already been linked with your PAN).
19) Now give your bank account number and IFSC code specifying that it is a saving bank account.
20) Fill in the place of return filing and click submit.
21) Wait to complete loading your data.
22) After successful submission download ITRV in the same screen. Open with your panddmmyyyy.
23) Print this. Indicate that it is an individual return and sign. Send it to centralised procession center in Bangalore.