Saturday, September 19, 2026

The God of Second Chances

The God of Second Chances

I remember standing at the door,
One step from everything I knew,
Convinced I could make it on my own.
So I walked away without a prayer
And turned my back on all I knew.
It didn't take long for me to see 
How far my heart had turned from you 
As tears of regret fell from my face.

And that's when mercy reached down to me,
Lifting me up out of shame and regret,
Showing me love I'll never forget.
You're the God of second chances, 
Who restores and makes me whole.
When I thought I'd fallen too far, 
You came and lifted me up, 
Embraced my fear and shame, 
And redeemed my wounded soul.
You're the God of second chances.
You're the God of second chances.

You heal the parts I thought were ruined.
But the scars and regrets still remain.
They remind me of the road I chosen,
And how I walked away from you.
But you never once walked away from me.
And that's the grace that rescued me.

You're the God of second chances. 
And that's when mercy reached down to me,
Lifting me up out of shame and regret,
Showing me love I'll never forget.
You're the God of second chances, 
Who restores and makes me whole.
When I thought I'd fallen too far, 
You came and lifted me up,
Embraced my fear and shame, 
And redeemed my wounded soul.
You're the God of second chances.
You're the God of second chances.

My scars remind me of my past.
But you don't waste the years I lost.
You shape them for your purpose
and turn my failures into praise.

You're the God of second chances, 
Who restores and makes me whole.
When I thought I'd fallen too far, 
You came and lifted me up,
Embraced my fear and shame, 
And redeemed my wounded soul.
You're the God of second chances.
You're still the God of second chances.
You're still the God of second chances.




No comments: